Thursday, September 9, 2004

GRATUITIOUS POSITIVE STORY FOR WEDS

I feel that weds needs to be redeemed.

The M*ster taught me how to teach sewing. She wanted to "sew rubber" so we made a pattern, and cut it out, and blah blah... and after lots of

AHHHH! Stop SEWING NOW... THE MACHINE IS NOT HAPPY!

PUT THE FOOT DOWN

PUT THE PRESSER FOOT DOWN

PUT THE FOOT DOWN! THE FOOT! THE FOOT!

OH WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO RIP THAT OUT.

NO YOU ARE DOING FINE.

and

RETHREAD IT!

I realized that sewing on a machine is far more complex that I had ever realized. They are as tempermental as VWs. I had been taking it for granted in the last 24 years that I have been sewing. That I am very grateful for the Mster's patience. It could have been very ugly.

And in the end, The Mster had her very own, handcrafted, rubber checkbook holder.

yay!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers