Thursday, December 30, 2004

I applied for my passport today. After all the agony (of looking for my elusive birth certificate and waiting for my mother to find it and spending the night at the ancestral manse in order to get it sooner), there was no line at the post office and it took an entire 10 minutes for the officer to read my papers and take my money. I paid for it to be expidited as well, since the country of Cambodia won't accept any one with a new passport (they want their visitors to have a passport that is at least 6 months old). I want to go in July. for some reason it seems that the seventh month minus 6 would equal 1... it seemed like I had all of january, but NO, I have to get it NOW.

I am so impressed with anyone who has left the domestic soil. I had no idea what a pain it is.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers