Thursday, March 10, 2005

I have spent an obscene amount of time in the car today. I don't have much to show for it, just miles travelled and hours clocked. I found myself day dreaming about moving. I turned over the details in my mind, like rosary beads, the thoughts spilled over my fingers. Looking back, its ridiculous. I think I am going to stay here (but my life-style is so unsustainable and with the price of gas going up!) for no other good reason that I am already here.

I spent the evening with some Mountain People. They have a six week old baby. Vicariously, I got to experience being a parent for an hour and a half. I daydreamed about my own family and my own little parents and the little munchkin they had in their single-wide trailer 30 years ago. Babies are so special. It really makes my day when I can tell that parents love their children. I tried not to stay too long. This afternoon I went to Mrs F's baby shower. Its been such a baby day. I keep expecting to have a spinstery jealousy of babies, but it hasn't happened yet.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers