Thursday, April 21, 2005

Believe it or not, I actually went to a sporting event today. A soccer game, in Wa*ville, no less. (really, where else would one catch a soccer game?). My friends, the S's were playing. They were all very cute, and it kept me on the edge of my bleacher for quite a while, the score was very close for most of the game. They played the game in a huge tent down by the Target. It smelled of human and must, and yet it still had the weird atmosphere of being outside.

At one point I got tired of sitting, so I went outside and smoke was blowing everywhere. At first I thought it was someone's BBQ, until I realized it was coming from a house across the slough. A full 20 minutes later I heard the sirens.

I won't have to catch another game for another ten years. My quota for this decade is filled.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers