Friday, June 10, 2005

What would Jackie O do?


thank you, originally uploaded by camille94019.

It was weird going back work for the last day. I nearly didn't go. I had spent the night at my parents' house (eat your heart out-- the Knee Biter and I camped out in the living room in our very own blanket fort) and I had the luxury of a home-cooked breakfast. I explained the situation to my mom. Then I asked her what would Jackie O do? I was trying to think of a model of graciousness and poise. Without missing a beat, my mother said, "give everyone flowers." So I stopped at trader joes and bought 50 irises and went to the denuded art room and made 50 thank you cards. It took all morning, but I felt like santa claus passing them out to everyone.

"and you will heap burning coals on their heads"

There was one particular teacher who was publicly unsupportive of the art program, and of me personally, and when I gave her the iris, she nearly started to cry.

That bird is me, I am flying the coop.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers