Friday, August 19, 2005

C embracing the Technology


C embracing the Technology, originally uploaded by camille94019.

As much as I'd love to live in a little world of pens and papers and film, I am finding that if one wishes to feed oneself in a timely and nutritious manner, one must Embrace Technology. So here I am! As I write this, I am wearing the orange shirt and the silver sparkle tiara and teaching three lovely young men the finer points of drawing stick figures in Photoshop and how to glue and paste those puppies into a pretty nifty flexagon book. Two days ago, the only thing I ever did in Photoshop (this millenium, that is) was adjust contrast/brightness. Now I can draw a colored stick person! Watch out! Tomorrow, I might be adding text! And the next day-- filters!! Ohh the possibilities!

On my way up to the Pennie yesterday, I stopped by my grandparents' care home. This is a visit I have been putting off since Christmas. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. My grandmother didn't get out of bed (she never has moved much, as I recall) and my grandfather asked me what grade I was in. They were very happy to see me. Its a good life for them. My grandfather has forgotten to be an asshole, and my grandmother finally has someone to clean for her.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers