Saturday, August 6, 2005

the california station

more CL shenanigans

Well, folks, I dangled mah pretty face before the masses of desperate CL men. I feel so wicked. I actually posted my pictures this time. In the past I kept getting men who were adamant about "pretty" and as soon as I'd send my picture, I wouldn't hear from them again. I decided to skip a step and put mah mug up, funny hair and all. I am getting bites! Its nuts. I have already heard from a nurse, a Nigerian, an old married atheist and a dude who said he's religious but not christian. Whatever. I have a whole week of internet fun to look forward to.

here's the ad

Are you a Christian? Are you single? - 30
Reply to: anon-89416463@craigslist.org
Date: 2005-08-06, 10:18PM PDT


If you can answer "yes" to both of those questions, please feel free to reply. If you answer "no", then 1) there are plenty of nice pagan girls I could hook you up with, and 2) go home to your wife or girlfriend, darling.

About me--
I am an artist, I draw comic books and I teach.
I have never been married, and I have no children.
I want to build a Christ-centered family with a man who loves me.
I am a part of Vintage Faith Church

What I do--
Last week I returned from South East Asia-- I like to travel. Its not something that I can do often, but even when I am at home, I like to look at the world as deeply as I can.

I draw. People, ideas, models... I like hanging out with people who draw. I started drawing when I was two. I haven't stopped.

I read. I am currently rereading Madeleine L'Engle's book "And it was Good." I enjoy her perspective on spirituality and science. I think Eric Booth's "An Everyday Piece of Art" best articulates my philosophy. My current favorites are Umberto Eco, Tom Stoppard, Albert Cohen, Mark Twain, Temple Grandin. I also read comic books-- things by women and underground writers are on the top of my comic-pile.

I take pictures of everything. I think flickr is the coolest thing. You can see what I see at www.flickr.com/photos/happygoat

When I hang out with friends mostly we talk. Sometimes we talk over tea (Imperial Red is my new favorite), sometimes we take evening constitutionals around the neighborhood. Sometimes we hike. Or camp, or sit around the living room reading cool entries out loud from the OED. Sometimes we get coffee. What I love about them the most is their concern for me and their lively minds. It just doesn't get any better.

Of course we need to correspond, of course we need to hang out and be friends before any commitments are made. If they are made. And if they are not, we have a pleasant exchange and we move on.

*****

blah blah blah... I was trying not to be snotty and arrogant and overanalytical. oof, I am tired, I am going to bed.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers