Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Drawering Difficulties


african violets5-2, originally uploaded by camille94019.

I am in the middle of wrestling with the Saints. Bits of them are laid out all over the floor. An arm there, a head here, a bit of robe over there. I am trying to put a few illustrations together for my friend Poulet. I don't have a good image for this entry, because I have no traditional drawings in my archives. I have this fear that my portrait of St Paul will look more like a geisha in middle eastern drag. For years, I did silly nipponisme with the H-ster and Aubrey Bearsdley knock offs in my spare time and I am finding that those styles are somewhat similar, at least in my brain. Now I feel I must purge these worldy influences and find a Holy Line in the wastes of the desert. I am not worthy! I'll post my efforts as soon as I finish them and get within striking distance of a scanner.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers