Friday, August 18, 2006

I am Reformed


Mano de Caballero, originally uploaded by camille94019.

Usually when I photograph the public I don't ask permission and I sneak around and try to be inconspicuous. (I have gotten in trouble in the past, but I can't find the relevant entry) I tried something new with the Caballero's friend, Rhymes with Zoom yesterday in the City. I am giving myself too much credit. I wouldn't have ever asked, but we had too, since he wanted to have the option of publishing the photographs in his book about the history and culture of baldness. I discovered an amazing thing. About 25% of the people said no, and told us to go away (especially the Italian tourists, I don't think they liked being called "bald"), but the rest of the people we approached said yes. They actually smiled and stood still. It was amazing, having the cooperation of the subjects. I tried taking pictures of the KB this morning and she was resisting me, then I offered he M&Ms (it worked for ET) and she went with it. Then she didn't want to stop. This is a new era for me! Talking to the subjects! Seducing them with chocolate! Ha Ha! The power is mine!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers