Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Lists

I am overwhelmed right now with sheer mass of things that must be done for my move in the next 25 days. There doesn't seem to be enough time or money.


One of my favorite coping habits when I feel this way is to write lists. I am superstitious about listing. It is not all about just the things I want, or even what I think I need. The process of listing provides a place for day-dreaming.


I am praying hard. (is there such a thing as "soft prayer"? It sounds limp and nasty, like silken tofu)

perfect room
spacious
airy
bright
hardwood floors
big closet
clean
high ceilings

location
near freeways
hip neighborhood
safe
ample parking

housemates
sane
communicative
laid-back
fragrant
intelligent
creative
financially stable
imaginative

Jobs



I was just cruising around the art-educator job openings and reading the various job descriptions. Most of the descriptions are so loaded with palsied psuedo-educator-human-resource-ese that my eyeballs nearly mutinied. I had to cleanse my vitreous orbs by visiting the Pirate Store On-line. Ah. I can breath again.

2 comments:

Kay Cooke said...

I am thinking of you and your imminent move ... Hope you land somewhere that has you joysomely ticking off all the things on your list.

jessica said...

oh my. i like the fragrant mention on the list, never thought about that in a house mate, more lack of scent, but i suppose the sort of fragrance is important. good luck with it all though.

what a great pirate site. particularly amusing is zebra talk. hopefully it is not too difficult to learn fluently.

Blog Archive

Readers