Sunday, September 28, 2008

beetle


beetle, originally uploaded by camille94019.

I decided to draw this morning with a more familiar tool. The pen box was right there where I left it, and the bottle of ink was in the ink bin. I didn't have to put on my sleuth hat and get in the minds of the Adobe engineers to find the pen tool, not did I have a futile time trying to make a curve. On the other hand, I didn't have 6 million colors to chose from (I have ten bottles of ink, and 4 of them are black) and I only have one pen style (the pointy kind, but I have them Italian, German, American, copper and steel). I couldn't scan it immediately, because the ink had to dry. I like learning new things, so I'll probably mess with Illustrator some more, and whatever else I promise to teach.

2 comments:

M. L. Benedict said...

Huge difference. YOUR beetle is alive!

Colleen Franklin said...

I agree. And the way the spots are shaped-very Submarine Files. They make me yearn for a new issue.

Blog Archive

Readers