Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pudding!

I am loving this liquid diet!  (Only if I get to cook for myself, though).  I made this cornstarch pudding recipe, subbing 3 T of cocoa + 1 T oc coconut oil for the baking chocolate and coconut sugar for the white sugar.  DAMN DELICIOUS.  In fact, I gave myself a very painful jaw spasm trying to shovel this into my pudding hole.

NB, the recipe calls for nearly 20 minutes of uninterrupted stirring.  I did a lot of stirring, but not that much (I have a life, yo!).  I don't have a double boiler, but I used my flame tamer's accumulated heat to do the last 10 minutes of cooking. 

The texture, after it cooled, was amazing.  Nearly as semi-solid as jello and so so smooth.  Not a single whiff of cornstarch flavor (the prolonged cooking/stirring takes care of that).  Absolutely a dessert I'd proudly serve to friends, and worth the effort.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Tried the caramel cornstarch pudding recipe that preceeded with some sour milk I had in the fridge. It curdled, twice, and turned out horrible. Fresh milk, always!

Blog Archive

Readers