Thursday, February 24, 2005

Through the wonder of moderne technology I am listening to a british radio station.

I had a devastating conversation last night. I am not going to bore you with the details (they'd be redundant and tedious, yes, you guessed right). He recommended a book (not his typical MO, as he is too busy deflowering virgins and avoiding their parents at the moment) and I made the mistake of looking it up on Amazon.

On Love by Alain De Botton.

Oh the irony, oh, the bitter, luscious, venomous irony.

[sigh] Grr. I would like to take a break from romantic love for a while. Is there a Eros-Free zone out there? Any place besides a convent? A street that I can walk down without having my singleness rubbed in my face? From the well-meaning (and worthless) advice from friends, and the media-- don't even go there-- the love songs on the radio and the last vestigial hearts of V-day. Especially at the computer.


urgh

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers