Thursday, June 16, 2005

I'm Uninsurable.


Still Life, originally uploaded by camille94019.

Got a letter today informing me that I pose "uncertain medical underwriting risks."

No coverage for you, suckah.

I am a bit mystified about what the next step would be. The letter said that I could complain, or I could contact the CA Managed Risk Insurance Bureau's website to sign up for high risk medical insurance. It crashed my computer twice. (the computer that never crashes... until mrmib.ca.gov). The letter gave a dour warning that the MRMIB had a long waiting list. They also said I could wait for three months, "sign and symptom free" and reapply. I suppose I could just not get sick for the next three months. It seems unlikely that our fair state would be able to lend a hand in this situation. What a joke. I think I'll move to Cuba.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers