Thursday, June 23, 2005

took the big brownie for a virgin spin


Picture_8, originally uploaded by camille94019.

am going to the city this afternoon, to hang out with Mr B- (he'll be drinking, I prolly won't). Seems like a ridiculously foolish thing to do, when one ought to be in a crisis (what crisis?! there is no crisis).

the new brownie
The view finder is really hard to navigate... it shows everything reversed, and I have to shut one eye (otherwise, I'll get two overlapped, backwards images that my brain can't resolve). and I found that throwing my jacket over my head really helps to block out the glare on the surface of the viewfinder. I was wandering around in my front yard, with my jacket over my head, and a black box clutched to my middle. Its been a perfectly surreal morning... drinking english breakfast tea with cream, eating german toast and, watching the fog roll by and reading CS Lewis' "That Hideous Strength" in the kitchen. It feels wintery. The house is empty. If I was to turn away from the computer, I wouldn't be able to guess the epoch.

I am not sure I am ready to return to the 20th century... er, the 21 century.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers