Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Nothing Happened Today


, originally uploaded by phils_mark.

The leaves have been changing color and the crops are getting harvested. I live next to a corn field that has been picked and now I can see for miles down the little valley I live in.

I took some pictures of some guages in the rain, for you, yesterday.


-an excerpt from an e-mail from phils_mark

------

Things are rather dry right now. My throat is dry, my imagination is dry. The words don't seem to be coming to my hands as readily as they usually do.

I am going to cop out. I confess, I didn't take this picture. Phils_mark took it. You will rarely see anything I didn't do on this blog. But today I am making an exception. Something about the bales of hay and the pink sky and the yellow corn. In my 1083 pictures, I have nothing that evokes this mood.

I love what he wrote about the harvest and photographing the guages in the rain. It resonates with me.

I am back home from my stints in the Mountains and in Mutton. I don't have to return until next monday.

I wrote a letter to my newest subscriber. He scoured the internet for the Sub, and finally he had to send me a handwritten note with a ring of mine he repaired. I found myself writing a reply with a pencil on an old piece of computer paper that a drawing on the back and I realized its been so long since I actually wrote anything. I tried to explain a little background about the Sub, but I doubt it will make the Sub experience any more lucid. That is what people pay for, the element of mystery (and the good butt-renderings).

Home is good. Ate some oatmeal with the M*ster. She is cleaning her desk right now, and showing me little poems she wrote to Jesus on the back of her check stubs.

I wonder what Willow is up to. I called her parents this morning (just home from Maui) after I left to go to work, to confess that I forgot to take her out to do her "business." Now I wonder, who is being obsessive? I had this terrible vision of the poor dog doing the potty dance and her owners just thinking that she was being neurotic.

I am going to sleep alone tonight. No derhundschleichtvonunterdembettheraus. [sigh]

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers