Thursday, September 29, 2005

Pep Talks


canon detail, originally uploaded by camille94019.

I would like to send a shout out to everyone who has ever given me a pep talk.

While chatting with Fan Boy this morning, he insisted that I call Hoe State and talk to them about admission into their grad program. The number had been sitting on my desk for 6 months.

I talked to debra, she gave me the e-mail for the photo head (gasp!) and signed me up for grad show announcements (attendance strongly recommended). She seemed very nice and I hope she warms up to me, I threatened to call her again in the future.

My procrastination is stronly linked to an intense insecurity. While I was showering every fear of failure and mediocrity reared its ugly head. I was wondering what it was like to be the head of the photo department and the gadzillions of pictures he's seen and how embarrassing it would be to waltz in with the snaps I took on a 2 dollar camera. Sheeit. urgh...

the Art School Experience

All sorts of feelings from art school are getting dredged up... being in a critique is like having a map of your butt-pimples projected on a wall and having lots of people analyze them. is this what I want! Is this the price of being a better artist! Should I just settle for being a little artist in a small town?

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers