Saturday, December 17, 2005

Ariel posted the seven questions a while back, and I finally have enough unpleasant chores that I need to procrastinate. I found these questions rather hard to answer, mostly because finding exactly seven of someting proved to be a bit challenging. I left off CS Lewis, the Bible and a few other universally beloved writers because they are already part of the Canon. The question about what you'd do before you die is rather morbid, but its good to be reminded that our time here is all too brief.

Seven things to do before I die.
1. Pay off some bills.
2. See Mongolia
3. Publish a comic masterwork
4. Love a good man
5. Raise and love a child
6. Busk on Pacific Avenue
7. Move to the Mission District and live the hipster dream in a loft/warehouse

Seven things I cannot do
1. Do the splits
2. Sing bass
3. Read freeway signs without the aid of corrective lenses
4. Kiss my elbow
5. Have sex with relatives or animals
6. Run long distances without arch supports
7. Be skinny

3. Seven things that attract me to [my spouse or significant other or best friend]
1. Brains
2. Creative thinking
3. Patience
4. Acceptance
5. Good smell
6. Ability to write
7. Pleasant voice

4. Seven things I say most often
1. Totally
2. Um
3. Sit Down
4. I'll be off the computer in a few minutes
5. Like
6. Excuse Me
7. Dude

5. Seven books (or series) I love.
1. Anything written by Umberto Eco
2. Beryl Markham's West with the Night
3. The Griffin and Sabine series by Nick Bantock
4. Anything written by Dorothy Sayers
5. Anything written by Anne Lamott
6. Chaos by James Gleick
7. Cages by Dave McKean

6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)
1. Princess Bride
2. The Tango Lesson
3. All about Eve
4. O Brother Where Art Thou?
5. Mary Poppins
6. Joe vs the Volcano
7. Howl's Moving Castle

7. Seven people I want to join in, too
1. Dave (either get a blog, or put it in the "comments")
2. Phil's Mark (you could post it here, too)
3. The Contessa
4. Oxymoron (and I am not sure where your new blog is)
5. Ellie Brown
6. Nabajuice (I am helping you procrastinate)
7. Currer (there, I mentioned you)

1. Seven things to do before I die.
2. Seven things I cannot do
3. Seven things that attract me to [my spouse or significant other or best friend]
4. Seven things to do before I die.
5. Seven books (or series) I love
6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)
7. Seven people I want to join in, too

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers