Saturday, December 17, 2005

Writing From the LavaRock Cafe


The rugged California Coast, originally uploaded by camille94019.

I took a walk to the closest internet cafe this morning. The day is grey and nippy, but I was wearing many layers of woolens to protect my glands against the elements. I had called five friends before I left, and no one was home. I am trying not to take it personally. Of course, they are not sitting around their houses thinking, "gee, I wish she would call soon." I could have stayed home and cleaned my room and did laundry, but how fun is that?

I am still pondering the life-path-dream thing. I got quizzed about it at the Advent art opening on thursday. A few more have resurfaced since then.

life plan #9
Camille's Gonzo Photography. I was gestating this plan last summer, while I was in my "photo-phase." The "gonzo" bit is critical, no mild and non-interfering photo-action here. Camille would bring her brassy, bossy and obnoxious personality to the fore in the quest for the perfect balance between striking and artsy portraiture.

Now I am wondering when the photo-obsession ended, or is it just hibernating? I actually have neither sketchbook nor camera with me at the moment. This makes me sad. I saw some beautiful things this morning, but alas, you will have to take my word for it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers