Monday, December 12, 2005

Monday Monday


Corner of Pacific, originally uploaded by camille94019.

I find myself in the Staff Room again, trying to put together another 5 minute post. This weekend was so beautiful. Something about being outside on chilly, yet sunny days is so magical. I love California for that. Is the sky ever so blue the rest of the year? Are the golden hours ever so long? Is it a special kind of sunlight that makes it through all the extra atmosphere. I have tried to go out for a walk every day this week. Today I went wandering around Mutton during my two hour lunch break. I discovered a Chinese spiritual center, a couple manufacturing plants, a secret hole in the fence to Central Expressway and one of the original farm houses. I had a moment where I could almost imagine the orchard that used to surround it 60 years ago.

---

I might be having another CL coffee date on Weds. If you are inclined to pray for me, please do. I don't want to divulge much, but this one can write, too. It seems that CL is a great winnowing tool for finding the good writers. Maybe that is all it is good for. I sense another life-plan possibility: somehow exploit that property of craigslist to find the next Pulitzer prize winning authors.

Speaking of more life plans, I thought of another two. Are we at Number Seven?The goal would be full-time private art teacher. I could exploit my upper-class contacts and bring creativity to the masses of undiscovered wealthy artists. (cha-ching!) Number Eight: pursue rubber purse design, eventually moving to some metro area and becoming a famous purse designer. Don't laugh, it could happen.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers