Monday, July 31, 2006

Anita Albus and the Taco Plate


Stepping through, originally uploaded by camille94019.

The pain of eating alone this evening at my favorite Muttonham Taco Joint was mitigated by the pleasure of reading The Art of Arts, Rediscovering Painting by Anita Albus.

I am only on page 44, and I haven't fully digested all that she has to say about Jan Van Eyck, medieval Burgundian politics and Nicholas of Cusa, but I am very much looking forward to reading more. Any book that has fancy red initials heading every chapter and expansive footnotes at the bottom of every page, has to be good (or at least, it makes it easy to look at).

woman eating Mex Food

A New Character

Every once in a while, this blog gets a new reader and I usually like to say "welcome!" On even rarer occasions, this blog gets a new reader and a new character at the same time. More often, people mentioned in this blog were my friends pre-blog, or they simply don't read it. I'd like to give a hearty smack to "J2" aka, one of the "Jesus Loving Berkeleyites," a former lurker, and now a bona fide presence. Henceforth, he shall be refered to as the "Caballero." (that sounds kind of presumptuous, assuming, of course, he wants to be, uh, mentioned here, but if I didn't mention him, then, well, there would be gigantic black holes of nothingness to write about, or, rather, not write about, so if I get in to trouble, then, well, hm, I just don't know what to say about that) (he wanted to be called the "dog whisperer" but I nixxed that because it makes me think of Robert Redford and cheating wives, and neither is terribly appealing to me, besides, when have I ever let people chose their own aliases? (with the exception of the Contessa)).

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers