Friday, December 10, 2004

Yeah though I speed through the Silicon Valley
I shall fear no evil drivers
nor the smog that smites by day
nor hydroplaning on 280 at night...

sitting writing e-mail at the institution (all institution-related, of course). The blues program on the radio (yup, some good things are broadcast from this little pretentious mountain village) just played a fabulous set from the Blind Boys of Alabama. It included one of the Boys reciting Psalm 23. Maybe I am biased, but I think the Bible has contributed to some of the best literature in the English language. His velvety, black voice was like a cool, damp audio breeze wafting over the dry hot riverbed of my soul. The contrast was especially sweet here at this secular place on a secular station. One just doesn't expect it here.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers