Thursday, March 31, 2005

Day 2 of the Reign of Router Bliss

I went to bed at 8:45 PM last night. I just couldnt't hold my eyes open any longer. Was it the beer? Was it the hours spent doing laundry and trying to make the newest versions of Illustrator and Word do the cool things that H's ancient copy Corel Office did? Laying out a comic is one of those onerous chores that computers were made to do, its not like it requires creativity or some illdefined je ne sais kwah. It just has to have pages that you can fill. The Half Moon Bay Review paid me 6.25 an hour to do it physically way back in the day. Then the tools were hot wax and an exacto knife.

I am going to try photoshop tonight.

Confessions of a Mac Virgin

I also discovered that my tech-setup doesn't print .ai files. Who would have thunk? So when I am sure that I like the product, I need to convert it and then print it. It took me a while to figure that out, in the meantime, I couldn't find the Mac equivalent of the printer queue, so I could delete all the .ai files that were surely clogging it up. Maybe Macs are too smart to have a printing queue that can get clogged up with unprintables.

My mind is a bit mushy from all the expectations that have been eroded and reconfigured by reality. And still, I am thankful for what God has given me. Surely he hasn't taken me this far to have fall down right before the masters need to be put to bed.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers