Monday, May 16, 2005

I woke up this morning, ridiculously early.

I had the weirdest dreams last night.

I was at a bus terminal going through my purse, trying to find my wallet. Not finding it at all, and starting to get panicked because people were waiting behind me and the lady at the window was getting impatient. I needed three dollars for my ticket to Modesto (!?) were my car was, and the bus was leaving in five minutes. I started raking through the detritus in the bottom of my purse and I fished out a huge handful of change.

Your not going to pay with that, the lady said.

why not?

Well, for starters, this quarter says 1597, clearly a bad counterfeit. And this quarter is the size of a saucer, and this one has funny ridges...

she went on through my pile of odd and misshapen coins and reduced it to 2 acceptable quarters.

I almost cried. I started begging the people behind me for money, but no one had any for me.

I missed the bus, and the next one wasn't coming until midnight.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers