Sunday, June 5, 2005

True Confessions

When I saw the following blurb on lomography.com, it took about .025 seconds to click the "buy" button, and nearly broke my mouse doing it. The object in question is the paper pinhole camera. Do they give MFAs in "novelty photography"? I am hopeless. Oh, oh, when will it arrive? Hm, does flickr have a pinhole camera group I can offend? (he, he, yes it does)

I feel somewhat embarrassed by this sudden infatuation with toy cameras, and the internet and taking pikchures. I want to go hang out with the big, growd up conceptual artists in the Valley next year, and this is how I prepare myself? Shouldn't I be going on some sort of long fast/vision quest out in the desert, instead of running to the boardwalk so I can take piktures of fat white people? (what a great idea!)

______________
Recommended Tools:

(1) Ruler - Use for parts folding (2) Pen or Pencil - Use for parts rolling (3) White Glue - Use for parts sticking

These three tools, about 90 minutes of your precious time, and a bit of precise finger-work are the only things separating you from your very own god's-honest self-made camera creation. From four die-cut pieces of paper card, you will meticulously construct an insanely charming little beastie that fully capable of shooting seriously devastating pinhole images. 43 individual pieces are sitting tight - ready to be punched out, rolled up, stacked, shimmied, and glued. If you've ever fantasized about getting "Back to Basics," then this is the opportunity of a lifetime.

 




Specifications



Material : card paper, printed on both sides


Size : 4.25" x 2.75" x 2.5" (10.5cm x 7cm x 6.5cm)


Weight : 1oz


Focal Length : 32mm


Film : 35mm


Format Size : 35mm Full Frame


Pinhole Size: 0.0079" (0.2mm)


Required Materials : Glue, Ruler, Pencil, 35mm Film


43 Individual Pieces


Estimated construction time : 1 to 2 hours

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers