Saturday, August 27, 2005

Future Shock


fest-man-on-cell, originally uploaded by camille94019.

I know this has been said before, but I am going to say it again.

The internet is...

I am groping for the words. I feel like Alice in the rabbit hole.

My language isn't keeping up with the shifting.

----

I had a lovely few hours in the Mall with D this afternoon. (hello D! hey, feel free to comment)

Digital Golems

D found me on CL. (what does that say about me, I wonder?). We have been exchanging e-mails the last few weeks. He takes pictures (http://www.photo.net/photodb/member-photos?user_id=583792&include=all). He's a Christian, too. He also does his homework. As you know, I put my flickr url on my CL ad. Maybe I was hoping for artistic validation. I am not sure I can even admit to myself why I put it there. Maybe I was showing off. He also found my blog. Which he read. Or reads.

So before I even found him at Lulu's this afternoon, he had an idea who I was. Whether or not spending facetime solidified his perceptions, or what, I don't know. But I felt the weight of his notions. Not in a bad way... it was like there was a shadow camille. He asked me to bring some comics. I tried to find tame ones. He read the birthing one over coffee at Perg's. Maybe that wasn't the best one to introduce the series. So instead of meeting a stranger, he was meeting my homunculus. Or maybe he already knew the humonculus and he got to meet the person. I have a digital humonculus.

The humonculus says, "hello World"

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers