Sunday, November 27, 2005

Shooting the recycler

Maybe digging through garbage isn't such a bad idea. I just spent the last few hours searching and responding to the part time work opportunities available in our dear town. A couple of the jobs I hope I am not considered for. I had a terrible conversation with the Pater over the holiday. He told me not having health insurance is irresponsible. I told him it was that or not eating. He wondered what I was doing wrong. I told him I didn't want to have security for the price of "soul killing" work. He worked for 25 years at a job he hated and it nearly killed him. Its not that I am afraid of hard work. I work very hard teaching. On the other hand, going to the doctor is a good thing and so is eating. My mother rescued us by announcing lunch. The question remains, how does one find balance between physical and spiritual needs when they seem to be at odds?

CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/ SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES Part-Time X____ has an immediate opening for a part-time Customer Service Rep in the Circulation Dept. the position is approx. 24 hours per week including early weekend mornings & holidays. Responsibilities include answering phone calls in the call center & directly inputting data using the AS/400 computer system, dispatching, assisting customers at the front counter, processing payments, PBX relief. Some sales. Typing 35wpm req'd. Attention to detail, dependability & reliable transportation. $9.00 per hour + commissions. Fill out an application at the Circulation Dept., 207 Church St., in downtown Flip Flop, or fax your resume & refs to ___ Please, no phone calls.

MOTEL Rm Cleaner $8.40 to start, work weekends, Must speak/write English Apply @ 525 2nd St,

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers