4 3" Patties (1 serving)
- chop fine and caramelize 1/2 small onion and 1/2 med. bell pepper. salt.
- while onions and pepper are cooking combine: 1 egg white, 1/4-1/3 cup pureed (canned) pumpkin, 1/4 cup masa harina
- Add veggies and mix thoroughly.
- spray pan w/ non stick spray
- spoon batter in large spoonfuls onto pan and smash them flat
- cook on both sides until done.
Serve with Uncle Albert's Pico de Gallo
Eleven's Chile Polenta
this is not exactly like Eleven makes it, it is how I recalled it after dining at her house.
1 can of Turkey Chile
1 cup polenta
1 can black beans
1 cup of salsa
in a 9x9 greased baking dish
combine: polenta, 3 1/2 cups lukewarm water, beans, salsa and turkey chile
bake uncovered for 1 hour in a preheated 350 degree oven.