Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Its Really All Just Playing House

The Munchkin Kitchen

The illusion that I am living a childhood "playing house" fantasy is
reinforced by the fact our new digs are only sightly larger than an actual
play house. We haven't moved all of the furniture in yet ("furniture" is a bit of an overstatment. At this writing we have no chairs, no tables, no dressers and no couches. We do have two beds!) so it doesn't seem that cramped. The beautiful thing is that its all ours. When I clean the counter, no one else is going to spill on it. Only my food is in the fridge.

I spent some time in the kitchen today, just putzing around and admiring the white counters. It feels like a play kitchen because when people walk by the window you only see their legs, and standing at the sink, I can raise my arm and touch the ceiling. I could be under the kitchen table.

If only we had a kitchen table.

3 comments:

Colleen Franklin said...

Ole Blue, our couch, needs a new home...have you got room?
It went from Erin and Marianna to Erin and Jason to us....remember it? 60's, sectional, funky, moderately uncomfortable to sleep on. It gets LONG when all together, 8ft! Anyway, just thought I'd offer, we'd much rather keep it in the family!

Carmen said...

Wow! That is a piece of MH history. Are you sure the Preservation Society doesn't want it? I am seriously tempted. I'll talk to Dutch about it.

H said...

Ooooohhhh.... a kitchen.... with a stove!! You are a lucky woman!

Blog Archive

Readers