Thursday, September 29, 2011

first wacom tablet sketch


glass_edited-1, originally uploaded by camille94019.

I used to draw all the time. From life, from nakey people, from my imagination. If you knew me, say 5 or 10 years ago, you would be shocked to know I haven't drawn in years! That fact kinda makes me sad, mostly because as the years went by I got better and better, and now, I am more rusty than anything. (I can still teach a damn good drawing lesson-- to drunk people, even). Since LuLu has come into my life, drawing has become even more unfeasible. She grabs everything I pick up (a bottle of ink and a dippy pen would be a disaster) and loves to wad paper up. As much as I find digital drawingobnoxious, the thing that is working for me is the fact it is not messy. Lulu can grab the pen and not leave any marks on her face or the furniture. I can work in a small corner of the kitchen table while she plays with her toys in the living room. Today I have had a chance to play with drawing for the first time in a long time. I had played with mobile apps-but drawing with my finger gets old. Hopefully, I can get some drawing time in before Spike comes.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Readers